SUPPORT OUR CHILDREN
What is a SEPAG?
A Special Education Parent Advisory Group, or SEPAG (sea-pag) is a state-mandated, district-level, parent-driven group charged with providing input to the local school district on system-level challenges in special education and related services. Per the NJ Department of Education (DOE): Each district board of education shall ensure that a special education parent advisory group is in place in the district to provide input to the district on issues concerning students with disabilities (N.J.A.C. 6A:14-1.2(h)). The Hunterdon Central (HC) SEPAG has been parent run since 2014.
What are the HC SEPAG'S Goals?
1. Collaborate and provide input to the District on issues/policies/programs concerning students with disabilities or learning differences.
2. Provide a network for parents of special education children to share information and resources.
3. Support parents as they advocate for children with special needs with a focus on transition to adulthood.
Who should join?
All are welcome!
1. HC SEPAG is for any parent or caregiver whether their child is in in or out of district placement.
2. All stakeholders interested in seeing those with special needs succeed joining as well;
a. school staff
b. local business owners/leaders
c. general education parents
d. county based non-profit agency representatives
e. local government officials to name a few..
How can I find out more?
Attend a meeting (third Thursday of every month - 11/12 building room 700 from 7-9pm), visit this website or reach out to a member of the HC SEPAG. We welcome all comments, questions and suggestions. E-mail: SEPAG.HC@gmail.com .